Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 05:11 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
Scoochie averaged about 19 minutes a game in these 7 games and Crutcher has averaged 26 a game. Fair point, more minutes you would think equates to a better offensive rating because more experience, but I don't think the difference between the two, talking about Crutcher 49 minutes more than Scoochie through 7 games should impact it that much. I don't know how to think about better 2014 team. It would help with assists, TOs, and rebounds I think, but hurt with FGs and FTs attempted.

Anyway, Crutcher showing some good offensive signs the last three games.
Okay, but here's the thing, I watched first hand the way Scooch played in Maui and you can tell when he was inserted, his job was to eat up minutes without turning the ball over and losing ground while Price got a breather. Basically, they were just asking him to be careful with the ball as those games had huge implications and it was obvious that Arch (as he was known to do) put in his backups to just eat minutes, not light a fire, expand a lead or close a gap.

Due to the situation this year, it's apparent that Grant is not being so cautious with Crutcher. He's actually being sent in to create offense, not protect the ball and eat up minutes.

Doesn't that make a difference? Oh, and yes, I admit once again, Crutcher has impressed me overall.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-05-2017), MNFats (12-04-2017)