User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Stacked deck
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
2) Change the scheduling model and play one or two less buy games and go on the road

That leaves option 2.
I do not want to hijack this thread, and I have beaten this topic a million ways to Sunday.

But, the A10 is slipping, we used to be the #7 conference, we are now #11, and we have not done anything with our ooc schedule to mitigate that slippage.

In addition, I do not feel like we are keeping up with the Joneses. We want to be considered as one of the best non-p5 schools, yet we refuse to schedule like the other best-in-class non-p5 schools do. VCU, Temple, Xavier, New Mexico, BYU, Gonzaga, Butler, and others have gone the extra mile and scheduled up by scheduling 1 or 2 more road games as part of home-and-home series, and they have all done it multiple times. We have never, not even once, scheduled up.

I do not care if we can not get enough p5's on the schedule, take the next best thing. Rhody just scheduled home-and-homes with Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee State, we should schedule up with teams like WKU and MTSU.

You can not tell me that we can't get a h-and-h with WKU and MTSU, but yet Rhody can, give me a break.

At the very least, we should have an opportunity at a q1 or q2 road win and maybe even a q2 home win, vs. the WKU's and MTSU's of the world.

And BTW, why in the world are we playing 7, count 'em 7, buy games this year, instead of our normal 5? I would rather play both Miami of Ohio h-and-h, and, GASP!, play Wright State h-and-h, at least we would probably get a q2 road opportunity every year, along with 5 buy games, instead of playing 7 buy games. Just do: Miami at home and WSU away year 1, and Miami away and WSU at home year 2, rinse and repeat.

Buy games do nothing for you, you get no q1 or q2 opportunities from buy games.

So there, I did a 15/15 and Gem City Jam post all in one fell swoop.

And sorry for soiling your thread CE80.

Last edited by ud2; 10-23-2018 at 08:33 AM..