Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 08:48 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-wire...033139552.html

This makes me sick on so many levels. The coaches doing it make me sick because they do it to advance their own self-worth not to help a kid. It makes me sick if Archie was part of it. But mostly it makes me sick for all the programs and college players that aren’t part of it. Those that put in all the work to play D1 ball for a chance to catch magic and make a run because they deserved a level playing field to play out their dreams and it wasn’t even close to a level playing field. It’s hard enough to compete against the big schools with big budgets. Playing against pro (paid) players and their slimy coaches makes me sick.

Let the chips fall where they are going to fall. There will be some high schools that will hire the fallen coaches after they do their prison time.
This is precisely why this must be nipped in the bud for both football and basketball. Others got it precisely correct; if they want a "pre-pro" pay-to-play, then do what the NBA development league or baseball does. But keep the college game a college game. Frankly, you might not have the very best players out on the court, but that is fine with me and should be fine with other true college fans. My concern is the NCAA is going to gloss over this and quietly let it go on, as they now are the pre-pro program and there are lots of dollars there! Weed them out!!!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-24-2018), Gazoo (02-24-2018), JimBo (02-24-2018), UDGutter2 (02-24-2018)