Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
I do think most of us expected Grant would land some big fish. Obviously, it's really encouraging to see Grant bring in a top 100 in-state recruit for 2018. But am I surprised? Yes and no. In terms of the kid's rank, no. But I would have guessed it would take him a little time to make inroads in Ohio, landing the most upper echelon in-state kids. Figured he would start by pulling in a stud or two from Florida or elsewhere down south. So to me, that's the most exciting part. Not that I care where Grant pulls the talent in from, but it is comforting to see the one question mark in terms of his recruiting resume being answered (can he recruit Ohio?).

Now, the elephant in the room is still there... can he coach 'em up? Say what you will about Archie, he could do that. Grant may not have deserved to be fired at Alabama. but the fact remains he couldn't squeeze enough out of his talent to keep his job.

So can he coach? We will find that out soon enough. But yeah, so far so good. He's passed all the tests so far. Can't ask for anything more.
DallasFlyer, above you stated you figured that Grant would start by pulling in a stud or two from Florida or elseware down south. Well how about Antwann Jones Jr. 6'5' 190 lbs. from Oak Ridge High School in Orlando, FL. Archie was the first to offer him as well. If we could get a verbal from him, that would really put the icing on the cake to the 2018 recruiting class! If Sam wanted to come back he would have to pay his own way as a walk on.
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (09-13-2017)