Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Just because AG is still recruiting MW doesn't mean AG's other targets are more limited. Right now we have NO options. If we had one, he'd already be committed. AG recruiting MW simply means that MW meets AG's bar. AG may well be recruiting (and have a chance at getting) players better than MW. But given the fact that it's spring and we have 0 PGs on the roster, I'd be pretty sure AG will take anyone who meets his bar right now. If MW jumps first, great. But if not, we could wind up with someone better - or maybe not. The risk of striking out on all the targets and having to take someone you'd rather not take just to get any PG at all is too large.
I feel like we are saying the same thing. Others on the board seem to dismiss MW and say that AG just needs to get a grad transfer and/or higher rated PG. I'm sure he is looking at some of those options(Simmons/Waters), but the fact that he is still looking at MW means those other options not as readily available as some on this board want to believe.

I think we have a shot at Simmons - which would be great. a freshman PG still makes sense as his backup - and if not Waters - I'm still on board with MW (as is AG). The reality is that the freshman PG would be someone lower rated than both.