Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Ud2: i am surprised that the experts think that there are six teams in the A10 that are better than Davidson. I am pleased to hear that the experts believe that seven teams from the A10 are going to earn either NCAA or NIT bids. I thought this year was going to be a down year for the A10. I thought that many A10 teams lost significantly important players through graduation or transfer. Usually, A10 teams do not re-load quickly like other leagues. So, i expected a down year. There are so many questions about George Washington, Mass, VCU, St. Bona, Lasalle, St. Louis and Dayton.

Maybe, i respect head coac McKillip more than the experts do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Davidson lost Gibbs. While they still have Aldridge, they have quite a few questions about who is going to surround him.

I do not understand why you say there are questions around St. Bona. They return the best 2 guards in the league in Mobley and Adams. They should be a top 4 team in the A10 and better than last year.

VCU and SLU will be depending on talented transfers and grad transfers. SLU will be MUCH improved and I would be surprised if VCU dropped off much.

If St. Joe can be healthy, they are a VERY talented team. They gained a bunch of experience when they were battling injuries last year.

Those 4 plus UD and URI should have no problem being better than Davidson in my eyes. Davidson would have to greatly overachieve like they did their first year to crack the top 6 in my opinion.

As far as GW, LaSalle and UMass, if you are depending on them to have a good year for the league, then the A10 is in trouble. They just do not have the consistency of the above teams.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 08-18-2017 at 02:41 PM..
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (08-18-2017)