Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crutcher
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IndianaFlyer View Post
I listened to Flyer Feedback after the last game and according to Brooks Hall, which of course I know we all know more than him, the team certainly understands the ball needs to go inside, we just aren't getting it done. Brooks talked about watching practices and watching AG and staff constantly harp about getting the ball inside. He indicated we are successful getting the ball inside in practice, but the guards are not penetrating in games to the point they can break down the defense and get the ball inside. Part of this is obviously the defense they are working against in practice is not at the level of the defense they are seeing in games, meaning the success in practice is not translating to success in games.

Some on this board believe AG has no offensive scheme, I believe Brooks, who attends practices, when he says the offensive scheme is there and is a solid offense, we just aren't executing the scheme in games.
Thanks. Solid info.

Its gonna take the freshman a little while to adjust to this level of play, especially when they are being asked to take over a much larger role than anyone, them included, ever anticipated.

The game will slow down for them (Crutch, JDavis) eventually and they'll be more confident about dictating the flow of the offense rather than settling for what the D gives them, but its gonna take time.

And, I don't mind saying that seeing a Crutcher thread after the UMass game was pretty **** surprising IMO. Of all the Flyers on the court Saturday, he and Cunningham were the only bright...well dim...spots on the team. The rest of the gang is way, way more responsible for the soiled sheets.

And, I disagree about Crutcher's future as a PG. I think he's gonna be a fine player and will continue to grow into the position. His shot needs work, but he's got the skills to play the point.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (01-09-2018), skip69 (01-09-2018), Wallage (01-09-2018), Widget (01-09-2018)