Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,754 Times in 796 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think it depends on what you do with your expectations. I work with too many buckeye fans who think they should never lose any game and can't enjoy any season that doesn't end with a national championship. They are miserable to watch a game like Penn State with and even worse to be around when they lose a game. I never want to be that guy with UD no matter where the program goes.

Personally, I started getting that way a bit the last couple years and didn't like the ride as much as I personally felt like the team really underachieved Archie's last 2 years. UD basketball is a passion for my wife and I but for the enjoyment of watching the kids play as amateurs and students. They become like family to us watching them mature over the 4 years. At such time that it becomes win at all cost all the time, I wouldn't enjoy it as much or at all.

I hope for more and realize it is possible but my expectations for this year is NIT at best and if this team plays hard, improves as individuals and as a team, plays like a team and shows promises for 2018 then I will be happy with whatever the results are. Too much has changed and too little or unproven talent exists to expect more.

Having said that,we are here in Charleston and will still follow the team each game at home win or lose. I can just except that this year has too many changes for me to expect another NCAA birth. That attitude allowed me to really enjoy the game last Friday despite the mistakes and breakdowns on defense most of the second half. It was a very entertaining game and I was able to appreciate that aspect while still emotionally cheering from my seat.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-13-2017), Flyer 86 (11-13-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-13-2017), Whacker (11-13-2017)