Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
'1)Fran Dunphy. His teams are always well balanced and fundamentally sound on offense and defense. They don’t beat themselves. Dunphy is also the best coach in the league at developing players. His big downside is so-so recruiting. You’d think Temple would be getting higher-level recruits after three straight NCAA appearances and A-10 tourney titles. With Xavier-level talent, the Owls would be a Final 4 threat every so often.'

Fran Dunphy has 12 NCAA appearances and has won 1 of those first round games. Three of those games have been at Temple. The single victory was a first round upset of Nebraska in 93-94 while at Penn. I do like Dunphy and the direction he's going with Temple. But his tournament record is terrible, even though most of that is because he was trying to win first round games with an aq team out of the Ivy League.
Yeah, I can't imagine the beating he would take here as our coach with that 1st round NCAA loss record. The sad fact is that not many A10 coaches have come away with NCAA victories over the years. Getting an NCAA victory is like gold for a coach in this league. I think that is why our win in 2008-2009 is responsible for our leap forward in status among the pundits.

The NCAA tournament has to stop being a bloodbath for A10 teams.

Last edited by Fudd; 10-07-2010 at 10:40 AM..