Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 12:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Is there a problem having two good point guards on the roster and letting the best 1 play?
I think the ideal roster construction is 3 good PGs on the roster, with at least 1 being an upper classman. Encouraging what we got out of Crosby and Crutcher though. If we have 2 good PGs on the roster this year, that's more than I would have expected.

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I never understood the, we have 1 good player at that position why recruit another mentality on this board. Injuries, suspension, transfers all happen in college athletics. Recruit the best players possible and let playing time play out. I know that is not really what you were saying, but I have seen that from others on here as well.
The don't recruit over people take is the worst. The goal of each recruiting class is basically to recruit over the last one. Its up to the returning guys to put in work to not lose their minutes. Because the idea is to get the best players you can every year. You want to develop and retain those who buy-in and can move the program forward.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-15-2017), m21eagle45 (11-15-2017)