Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Member?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 11:33 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
We just don't have the horses inside to defend the bucket. Tonight's game was plagued by giving up dribble penetration and hitting a cutter or a trailer. The usually reliable Kyle Davis got burned three straight times at the start of the game. Archie sat him down and the die was cast for the game - dribble penetrate and dish...and we didn't have an answer. Our "bigs," and I use that term loosely, are not big or strong enough to defend in the paint.
From what I saw, it wasn't the fact we were not big enough, we just were out of position. They had a million easy/uncontested shots. The same happened against St. Mary's. The concern has to be that the team just isn't committed to the defensive end. Archie's lamenting 61% shooting by NE at half and they finish at 56%? The concern I have for the defense is desire. And for all you betting on the Kendall train, keep in mind, he will on occasion rack up 2 quick fouls and have to head to the bench. He's going to be veru rusty when he does play.

BTW, 16 offensive rebounds, shoot 38%, AND score 78. How is the issue not defense?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-25-2016), SeasonTicketFan (11-24-2016)