Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
You are forgetting one very important point. It is in violation of NCAA rules to contact a player who is under NLI with another school. If Miller contacted him directly or through surrogates he could be in trouble. He needs to stay away from recruits under NLI-period.
This is very simple folks. Archie and the other coaches who are interested in McKinley have contacted his HS or AAU coach and expressed their interest. There is no NCAA rule against this. The coach then told McKinley who he has spoken to and then McKinley told the reporter that info. McKinley probably should have just told the reporter "My coach told me a few schools have contacted him and I'm just waiting to see how everything plays out.", but he is an 18 year old HS student and was honest which was a mistake in this case.

And as a friendly reminder: Whatever happens Don't Tweet Recruits!!!!
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (03-28-2017)