Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 03:29 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
Good lord - what the frack do you want - them to hire someone who retroactively brings us a national championship last year. You clearly have completely lost touch with reality. If you can't see the value long term and short term - your head is firmly stuck somewhere.

Lets put up the pro's.

1. NCAA championship ring as assistant and lead recruiter for a team that then went on to do what is almost considered unthinkable in Mens hoops - and won back to back championships

2. Experience coaching at the NBA level so he can talk about the NBA to recruits as he shines the light off his NCAA championship ring in their eyes.

3. A coach who can tell the recruits what it is like to run out the tunnel at UD arena and feel the roar of the crowd in your chest.

4. An Coach that does not look at UD as a stepping stone - but rather a destination.

5. A Former head coach in a Power 5 conference.

6. A Coach that has a proven track record of being a good decent human being - someone that cares about his players and coaches and people in general. Someone that does the right thing. Think opposite of Huggie bear.

7. Someone that is an alumni and loves his University.

If this is not something you can get excited about - good lord - throw your computer away - and buy a new one next year when conference season starts.

I am just shocked that VCU's board is more excited and happy for us then some "UD fans" are. This is a GREAT HIRE. All around no matter how you look at it - this is the Hire that takes us to the next level of Gonzaga and Wichita state where our coach sticks around and we are no longer anyone's stepping stone.

Really folks if you don't like this hire - burn your UD gear and buy some X clothing.
He certainly wasn't my first choice but I'm behind him 100 percent now and am starting to get excited. Just looking at the VCU board makes me think we might start getting the type of high level recruits we've never seen the likes of. I didn't realize that most of the VCU squad that went to the final four were his recruits.

He has yet to be the main man when all his recruits and also his teams as an assistant reached their pinnicles, but I'm starting to think those were saved for when he became the head coach of his Alma Mater.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-31-2017), m21eagle45 (03-31-2017)