Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:34 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Disappointed,

I do not know whether Crosby would be a starter, a part time player or and end of the bench nobody on the team next year.

My take is that Crosby had a good pedigree. He was an honorable mention for McDonalds All American in high school as I recall and was recruited for some time by Maryland. How much I do not know but even to be considered gives some indication that he was considered more than a serviceable point guard in high school.

His play this year left something to be desired but then again he had the misfortune and we got the privilege of comparing him directly to the best point guard UD has had in over a generation.

My take is he had potential to be a vital part of the 2017-2018 team. But regardless of my ability to see talent I am disappointed.

My disappointment comes from his having attended UD for the past two years and not wanting to make it his home for his entire college career regardless of his playing time.
There are a thousand honorable mentions for mcdonalds game, literally. And besides Dayton his best scholarship offer was Rutgers, then WKU, then South Florida. I don't talk bad about players/kids but this won't have a dramatic impact. He will be replaced with, at a minimum, an equal player but hopefully one or 2 better.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jerseyflyer09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (04-18-2017), CT Flyer (04-18-2017), maddog07 (04-18-2017)