Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 03:54 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Yet the UD administration was reportedly willing to match what IU was offering, so UD did not seem all that bordered by all of this stuff then. No?

If they were so bothered, then why didn't they fire Archie or unequivocally demand that he clean up his act?

I just don't get all the hate for AM. He is not the first coach to maybe be less than forthright about his future plans, but I just don't think that coaches say stuff like that deliberately in order to deceive the fans. Those type of questions are hard to answer without ticking off somebody, it's a no-win situation, no matter what you say, somebody is going to get ticked off. Some coaches just handle those questions better than others do I guess.

Clearly many on here are cheering for him to fail. He took a higher-profile job, something that many on here also would have done. Get over it and wish him well.
UD wasn't firing a coach that just had the results as AM. This isn't some big player school that is in a position to randomly fire coaches unless they are egregious in their behavior or simply under perform for an extended period of time. UD was in a power position to make an offer, and tighten up the details with that contract should he have stayed. I am willing to bet the conversations already happened with Archie to clean up the BS...which made the decision easy for Archie to leave. He probably told himself..."Well, it was fun...but I can't take the chances I just took or I will be looking for work". Yes, it was a paper chase on UD's part. They weren't going to keep him, but had the ability to match, and every insider knew he wasn't going to be here forever. I knew he was gone and assumed it would have be OSU or an mid level ACC school before IU. Didn't know when, but knew it was going to happen. Everything he said was coach speak. Who cares? I am not going to **** on my employer while I am still employed.

I appreciate what he did here. I have no hate for AM, but rather I can sit back and appreciate what we have now. I did not care for the off the court attention that UD got.
I didn't care for the behavior that went on, mainly in his first three seasons. UD basketball is bigger than Archie Miller. Always was and always will be. I don't care what he does at IU. Don't wish him to fail, but don't care if he beats the brakes off the rest of the Big 10.

You have a change in athletic administration at UD as well as a coaching staff. You also saw a change in AM's players when a new athletic staff was appointed. I am willing to bet you don't see issues like you did in years 1-3 with AM. The powers to be won't stand for it regardless of the output.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-03-2019), NJFlyr71 (02-03-2019), Radar (02-03-2019), T-Bone 84 (02-04-2019)