Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,462 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
IU started out 12-2 then hit the 7 straight losses. 5 of those were on the road. Of the two home games, one was against #5/6 Michgan. They pick up an upset win on the road in OT against MSU to Launch their “home-stretch” run. Six of their last nine games are at home. The road games are Iowa, Illinois and Minn. I’ve also heard they have had a bunch of players out with injury and some are getting healthy, but I haven’t followed close enough to know all those details.

Their conference schedule has been tougher (opponents and travel) in the first half and more favorable in the last half - in some ways UDs has been the opposite in set up. I don’t think UD would have lost 7 in a row, but when you get into a 2-3 game rut - even against teams you weren’t expected to beat, it can lead to losing one or two you should have won. I think that’s what Indian has done.

AM & Company has to find a way to use the MSU upset to turn this thing around and make a run these last 9 games, which is a more favorable schedule. I’m not sure you want to bet against him. I didn’t want AM to leave. I didn’t think Kostas should have left when he did. But now that both are gone, whatever success they have going forward gives Dayton great publicity, so I’ll root for IN to make the NCAAs as an at-large team this year. I hope they get on a roll.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-04-2019)