User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Captain

Hobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of light
As I see it, with minutes per game:

Starters:

1..Crutcher...28
2..Watson...20
3..Toppin...33
4..Johnson...15
5..Tshimanga...25

2nd Team

1..Chatman...12
2..Davis...15
3..Landers...15
4..Mikesell...15
5..Sissoko...5

3rd Team

1..Leonard...1
2..Cohill...7
3..Matos...9

and...

I cannot imagine Frankie returning. He gets almost no playing time with only 7 other guys on the team. I don't see him getting a single minute of quality time next year with 12 guys in front of him. Especially in light of the recruiting going to another level, he should leave and pursue a career at a low-major school where he can get good minutes. I will wish him well. Seems like a nice kid.

The biggest problem will be getting really good players really good minutes. Chatman will be perhaps the best non starting, non P5 point guard in the country. Look for him to only get 12 or so minutes a game, since he really is a 1 and we have so much strength at the 2. There may be a Crutcher/Chatman combo lineup, but I just think you need to get Ibi/Davis/Cohill as much time as possible. To that end, perhaps a three guard lineup may happen with any number of combinations.

Unless Cohill stops playing scared, with all his talent, he won't be in the top 10 Flyers in terms of minutes.

Cohill won't play point next year unless he brings it up for a specifically designed play in a specific game time situation. Chatman is that good.

Jordy and Johnson starting will be dependent on their health, but as long as their legs and brain, respectively, remain healthy, they are superior talents and should start. It seems like Jordy may not be good for more than 25 minutes, so look for running with a smaller lineup when Sissoko isn't spelling him. I have Johnson down at 15 minutes so that Obi can get minutes at the 3 and 4. It seems like Chase can play both positions as well. I also like Obi at the 3 as much as possible since this may be his best NBA position.

Mikesell being the first off the bench would be amazing. Landers coming off second would be just as good. Heck, our second team will be pretty much as good as our second team. It will be better on certain nights. I don't believe that Mikesell will start because next year the athleticism will be on such a high level that Ryan will be a liability in this area compared to others that could get more minutes. I think Trey's total inability to shoot makes him a liability.

There are ten guys on the roster who could get hot and could play 35 minutes. Or, Obi could become an All-American candidate and garner 35 minutes a game, but I think that these may be close to the minutes they average.
Mad Props to Hobopotamus1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (02-10-2019)