Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 11:10 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I always watch the replays of tv games, and usually the questionable or controversial plays in slow mo. My summary of the TO's was from the official scorers accounting of the game.
What I saw and recorded was our offense scored at almost 2 points per minute until the 8 minute mark. Then we went into what the announcer's referred to "try not to lose offense" and scored a point a minute. It looked like the dreaded "Tampa 2" defense in the NFL, only it was on offense.

Our offense was good for 32 minutes, and our defense was good for 35 minutes. Both WAY MORE than the "which half" you referred to. And in those closing minutes, both were partially capable and equally culpable if we are playing the blame game.
I was at the game, and thinking, the good thing is we have not stopped running our offense and we are not slowing it down. I hate that slowdown crap. So what happened? Davidson turned up their intensity and defense. They stopped letting us get the ball inside, even doubling Obi before he got the ball. We ran the same offense, with not the earlier results.

We saw a similar thing Sat against VCU. Desperate teams play much harder.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-23-2019), SLUFLYER (02-22-2019)