Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Opinion writers

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
UAC,

There were several articles from national writers saying the AAC was interested in adding Dayton and VCU. One of the UConn writers for the Hartford Courant wrote an article saying the AAC needed to add Dayton and VCU to strengthen hoops
Posted via Mobile Device
OSU, I understand your point. My only comment is that "national" sports columnists are opinion writers...nothing more. Just like us.

Obviously, anything I say about this subject also is nothing more than opinion. I will tell you what my "opinion" is based on, however. It's the steady stream of statements of AAC commissioner Mike Aresco.

In his words the AAC has but one overarching objective. That is to be on a par in all areas with the current Power 5 conferences, i.e., in performance, in TV contracts. Aresco refers to the AAC as a Power 6 conference dominated by football and comprised essentially of similar large public schools.

Adding WSU, although large public sans FB, is a peculiarity. I find it very hard to reconcile Aresco's oft-stated position with a hybrid conference format comprised of FB and non-FB members.

Never say never. But, absent another conference shakeup I think the AAC is and will remain what it is....a FB dominated conference determined to prove that it is competitive with the Power 5s....by beating them on the playing field, to use Aresco's words. Dayton does not fit in that picture.