Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,338 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
No problem. Calhoun didn't even look over Ollie's shoulder. In Ollie's first year Calhoun was a regular at games. But Ollie had a highly experienced staff...Calhoun is not stupid; he kept his distance.

During the last two years Calhoun has not even been seen at games. In fact he's been working helping nearby St. Joseph University set up a Div III BB program.

JC is itching to stay close to BB and if UConn asked him to come back he'd do it. But he never got in Ollie's way and he would not with any new coach.

Because of his age (76) I don't know how he'd deal with recruiting. Recruits like to think the guy that recruited them will be there for four years.

Re JC returning...sort of depends who else might be interested...I'd give it 50-50. Calhoun promised he'd help UConn in any way with the process of replacing Ollie....any way.
I heard from a source close to UConn athletics that Calhoun's interference in Ollie's practices was what soured their relationship. Could be wrong but I trust the source who has inside knowledge.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-12-2018)