Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
The glass is really half full.

I don't think we sink, but we are hard to watch at times. We are just so 'raw'. When we went down by 17, I seriously considered calling it a night. Then it went to 21, but I stayed to the end. I'm glad I did. I saw a lot of good things in the 2nd half. Steps forward by individuals and as a team.

If for no other reason, you should watch DD. What an amazing year this man is having on so many levels. The statistical improvement in his game has to be historic. But the fact he is doing it with so little playing experience with him on the floor makes it even more amazing.

Cruther is good right now and he's getting better every game in a lot of different areas. Has he put it all together yet? No. Will he get there? Yes. How long will it take? From what I've seen in the first 7 games of his college career, I think it's sooner rather than later. I expect him to still make freshmen mistakes, but this guy is going to help this team big time this year.

Josh & X & Kosta - we need X back for A10 play. Him in this mix makes the other two pieces work better. With X In the mix, defenses cant gang up on Josh. With X in the mix, Kosta foul issue is more manageable. Kostas needs to use the next three games at home to improve his defensive decisions and take a couple steps forward to improve his foul management issue. Hopefully X will be back for the A10.

Everyone else - just keep working hard and improve and find a way to contribute. It's a work in progress. It's going to be for awhile. It's not always fun to watch. The first half last night was not fun to watch. But the second half was right up to the end. If we had won with a last second shot, everyone would be saying how the team battled through too many turnovers and too few assists but wiped out 21 points with tough gutsy defense to find a way to win.

That doesn't sink. That's a young team that's still not 100% healthy, starting to figure some things out. I like our next 3 games giving us an opportunity to figure some more things out. I'm looking forward to watching.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-05-2017), Figgie123 (12-04-2017), FLYER5 (12-04-2017), jack72 (12-04-2017), Radar (12-04-2017), San Diego Flyer (12-04-2017), skip69 (12-10-2017)