Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,179 Times in 4,207 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I stumbled onto this article. Coach Griffin wants to be a hc someday:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasket...have_opti.html:

"Right now, I'm still at Dayton. Coach Miller has a lot on his plate so far. So I'm just waiting for that to clear and figure out what's going on," Griffin said by telephone today. "We've talked. From that perspective, I know he's going to tell me what's best for himself and his family and his program and for me. So when it comes to that, I'm just waiting patiently. I'm hanging out with the guys we have here. I still have a job to do here."

"I know he's not in a rush to do anything. He wants to pick the right person for the job and you can only respect that. I'm going to sit back and kinda wait," Griffin said. "And who knows who gets the job here? They might call me and say, 'Hey, we want to keep you on staff.' It's good to have options, a little bit. I just gotta sit back patiently and wait and let this whole deal play out. Then look at it and see what's the best move for my career. Eventually, I want to sit in that first seat and I've got to prepare myself for that."

By "first seat," Griffin means "head coaching seat." It's a position most assistant coaches aspire to achieve.

Griffin said he had "no idea" who would get the Dayton job, but that whomever the guy was, "he's going to be set up for success." Miller, Griffin said, laid the groundwork for his successor.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (12-10-2017)