Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
An impression...

I intend to hold my thoughts until all five segments are posted. But, I can't resist commenting now re one thing that I think is telling.

In a few of the posts right above "contacts" and "connections" are discussed. I believe Neil has made as many "calls" as is humanly possible. But, here we are, the UD Flyers opening a "new" Arena after a $70+ million renovation....and opening we've known about for a long time.

And we are unable to land a marquis opponent for the opening game? In spite of the "million" phone calls the UD AD doesn't have one "friend" he can call for a real favor?...no "chips" to play?....not one "debt" that needs to be repaid? After all that effort he comes up empty. Wow!

As others have said, phone calls and contacts are not "connections", not real "ins" as far as the AD community is concerned. The results suggest that UD has no real clout at all....we needed a favor and couldn't get one, anywhere, after ~ 2 years trying?

Our effort is 110%; of that I'm confident and appreciative....very appreciative. But there is something troubling about the lack of real payoff...which the Arena opening game suggests to me.

(More later with at least one new idea.)
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
GoFlyer (08-16-2019)