Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:20 AM
General

Thanked 3,896 Times in 2,140 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
We still need a short term PG backup. I doubt the staff wants Cohill to play much time at PG, even if he is a combo guard. But, if that's what it comes down to, then so be it. Anything can happen but I find it difficult they bring in a Freshman PG with who they are targeting for 2019, unless they feel none of the 2019s will actually commit.
It sounded like they wanted to go the JUCO route with Wendell Mitchell and Gatling but the JUCO market has kinda dried up now for the top guys.

Agree on a freshman PG, it sounds like that ship sailed. Doesn't sound like their pursing Neftali Alvarez anymore

I think a grad transfer PG who's willing to play off the bench would be the best move. Serve as a bridge till a 19 PG gets onto campus. Matos and Cohill are presumably the only two guards on the bench and if they want to play 3-4 guard line ups that's not much depth

I'm starting to think they just give Cohill a bunch of minutes at PG and the other guards off the bench
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (04-26-2018)