Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Or, some people can learn not to get triggered at EVERY LITTLE THING that they disagree with just to make themselves a victim. The helicopter parenting that created the everyone gets a trophy society has made us weak.
But this sounds like you're getting triggered the other direction? I don't care enough either way, so I generally take the same approach mentioned above that if it makes more people happy than upset, why not?

In this case, I generally agree with the law prof quoted in the article that the students seem to mischaracterize what is meant by colonial and mistakenly relate it to colonialism. But at the end of the day, I just don't care what GW's nickname is, so if the student body wants to change it, why should I get hot and bothered and stand in the way?