Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
No offense, but one reason I slowed my visits to UDPride is because I try to read a thread titled 2019 recruiting and have to sift through 20 posts about Muggsy Bogues to find updates. Carry on, but not easy to navigate for a casual visitor.

Is it just me and the world of twitter making interest/offers more visible, or is Grant casting a much wider net and making a lot more offers/contacts in recruiting, including more "long shots"? I don't recall ever going after so many 4 stars -- I assume this is in part because the assumption is UD was not in play for them.
The only four star player that UD ever recruited in the past 10-15 years was Chris Wright. Brian Gregory was the coach then but Chris grew up wanting to be a Flyer! I agree that Grant and his new staff are casting a much wider net. The only 4 star that Archie ever offered (and that was just before he left for Indiana) was Antwann Jones for 2018. Since then, Anthony Grant has offered several more for 2018 and so far is being aggressive offering 4 star athletes for 2019!

Don Donoher and Archie Miller had the ability to take average players and make them better in each of their four years. The three coaches in between (Jim O'Brien, Oliver Purnell and Brian Gregory) not so much!

I am happy that Anthony Grant is being more aggressive because it proves that he believes that UD is in play for them instead of settling.