Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
"So you're saying you would take this lineup:
Crutcher (Fr.), Davis (Fr.), Davis (Sr.), Landers (So.), Cunningham (Jr.)

Over this lineup:
Crutcher (So.), Davis (So.), Landers (Jr.), Mikesell (Jr.), Cunningham (Sr.)

Good luck with that. How much shall we wager? "

Why would I wager against myself? The only way I win is if your starting lineup is the one AG goes with next year and proves to be as I project a 500 ball club. Because this would mean that the other big men on the team are incapable of moving Trey from his starting position. What it indicates to me is that we will be just as weak up front next year as we were this year.

My hope is that Kostas or perhaps Toppin prove good enough to start and that the starting line up is Cunningham, Kostas, Mikesell, Davis and Crutcher with Trey coming in as the sixth man.

I am not sure what the point of bringing in Kyle Davis as a comparable. Why not just use Don May as the comparable. Both are about 6"4" and both play the forward spot and both hustled when they were in the game heck they were both local high school players. Or perhaps we just compare Trey to Trey and the skill set he brings to the floor.

And I am not saying Trey is not as good as Don May, perhaps he is the second coming. I would love it if he were. In my opinion I just have not seen it; what I have seen is a guy who would be an excellent sixth man. Just an opinion not a fact.
I'm highly doubting with the year he had this year that Trey will not be a starter, even if he would be a valuable sixth man.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyers98 (03-14-2018), Gazoo (03-15-2018)