Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
I am glad also. IIRC, he was Anthony's first choice last Spring. Welcome to Dayton, Donnie Jones.
Indeed. Donnie Jones discussion the first go round. You can start reading on page 2 linked here about 8 posts down if interested. http://udpride.com/forums/showthread...t=30814&page=2

This hire tells me that AG has earned the trust of the UD administration after they understandably pumped the brakes on his hiring the first time.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a good hire. You’re replacing a guy with a rep as a stud recruiter with a guy who has a rep of being a stud recruiter. In theory, Dayton can make out pretty good here with Donnie Jones building off the work that Kane has done. Yet another guy with deep Florida connections (on staff at UCF with Ricardo Greer) so at some point you gotta think we’re gonna start pulling guys north outta Florida. But the year he put in at Wichita State could pay huge dividends, and that's what I'm most excited about in the near term. Gregg Marshall and their staff cast a pretty wide net in terms of recruiting and they are getting upper echelon talent so it’s significant to potentially be able to tap into that. Assuming the news is correct, it shouldn’t be long before we hear some new names and offers that are pretty clearly coming from Donnie.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DallasFlyer; 07-09-2018 at 10:29 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-10-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-09-2018)