Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,343 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
I hate to disagree, but I doubt that UD versus any NBE team, including zavier would rise to the level of "Prime Time" to many fans outside of the Miami Valley. The UD versus X game would draw some additional eyeballs, but only in Ohio.
You may be correct initially but I think once we are established as a BE school our games, especially against X, would certainly become "Prime Time" material, especially if we are winning and near the top of the Big East. If Seton Hall were not invited originally to the Big East they would not be a national name and in fact it took them many years in the BE to get out of the cellar.

On the flip side Holy Cross was asked to be an original member and declined because they did not give athletic scholarships at the time and knew to compete that they would need to. The school has been on record as saying it was the biggest mistake they ever made. If Holy Cross had accepted back then they may be more of a household name Nationally than a small major that occasionally makes the NCAA tournament.

Just being in the BE will make us more visible nationally which will enhance our appeal for "Prime Time" and winning in the BE will keep us there.

Like someone else said we have much more to offer than many of the schools currently in the BE, we just haven't had the luxury of having our team in a conference with national TV exposure. I am very familiar with Providence and trust me we have much more going on than they do.

When UConn was still in the BE and they were planning their new practice facility some of their staff visited Dayton's new facility and they modeled their new facility after ours. In many ways we have been ahead of the curve in basketball related issues, even more than some of the top tier teams as evidenced by this.