Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 312to937 View Post
I would agree with your use of the word "good" (considering we had a slightly below .500 record last year) and thus are heading in the right direction.

But the thread and original post used "great" and "greatest". Not surprisingly everyone jumps on UDScott (he's earned it), but nobody challenges the reasonableness of the thread? UDScott is correct in that our record is horrible against the better teams on our schedule. We didn't stub our toe (before Rhody), but does that makes this a "great" team because they beat the weak sisters?

Also, where are all the preseason polls that picked us 9th? Since everyone has a blog or twitter feed, I'm sure you can find a poll to support a position. But it seems the A10 preseason poll would be the best source, and it had UD 6th. Right now, we are 3rd place and 2 games ahead of the 6th place team. So I would say that's "good" but not "great".

Josh was a preseason 1st team selection. Obi is a potential NBA 1st round draft pick. Short bench - sure, that hurts. But we are not without talent, especially in comparison to what is no doubt a weak A10 this year.

I think this year was fine/ok all things considered. I think we are headed in the right direction. I'm very optimistic and excited about next year. But I don't see how you can call this season/team "great" or way ahead of expectations.
I agree with this. I don't know how on earth you can call this season great or awesome. We have had some last game collapses that will cause us to miss an at large bid. We were right there playing a below-average URI team AT HOME and blew it. If we win that game, I'd say we would be right in the last 4 in/first 4 out discussion easy.

I agree though - the future is bright and we over achieved a little this season. However, we need to brace outselves for Obi leaving after this year. He was just featured on ESPN last night as one of the emerging NBA prospects for the draft. Think about it - he was ineligible to play last year due to academics. Do you really think he's going to want to stay in school another year when he can a guaranteed 1st round contract next year?