Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
This is key. No Flyer, EVER, was as good at creating their own shot. Not B-Rob, not Negel, nobody. He didn't find his own shot by finding a soft spot on the court or dribbling and losing the guy guarding him, or by driving among the trees. He, with his back to the basket and 2 men in front guarding him, would do kind of dribble juke to his left, another one to his right and then fade and let go of a rainbow that swished more times than not. He was impossible to guard.
His fade away jump shot was a thing of beauty. I was around 10 when he played. All my friends and I tried to shoot that fadeaway J at the local park.

My friend and I have had this conversation about how many points Smitty would have had against Loyola with a three point line. Our guess was 65-70. And, it was a road game!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-15-2019), steverino015 (03-14-2019)