Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steverino015 View Post
Dayton played Duquesne, at Duquesne and in this game the Dukes had a player come off the bench they called "instant offense"... it is now in the 2nd half, and on perhaps 5 to 6 possessions, both teams isolated and let Donald Smith and this Duquesne player go one on one... I yelled for Dad to watch this.. the fans gave Donald Smith several ovations, they were standing and watching every time these two went at it!!

peeps, it wound up being Donald Smith vs Norm Nixon!.... my gawd, it was incredible...the Flyers took Smitty out with maybe 5 minutes to go... the Duquesne crowd was shouting: NO!!! Bless their hearts, they did not want Donald Smith taken out of the game... very enjoyable...

who won? I don't even remember, for that one game it was unimportant
Looking through media guide, Flyers never played Duquesne in Smitty's 3 seasons. They did play Biscayne. Could that be who you were thinking of?
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (03-15-2019)