User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017 Schedule
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 07:49 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Udisit19- I agree with everything you've noted. LaSalle is on the move in the right direction. Good young female coach. And I'll throw out a side note here, their coach was suppose to play at UD as a grad transfer for one year after finishing her degree in 3 years at St Johns if I remeber correctly. It was announced she was coming, but then it didn't happen. My GUESS after looking at her bio was she got a high school coaching job and decided to go for it, which appears to have paid off.

I also have heard LaSalle has upped their scholarships for volleyball. I think this happened about the time they hired Catilyn. I can't confirm this, and I do not know the numbers, but I've heard it from a couple side sources. I.e. Some club coaches, and they usually know. I do know LaSalle is bringing in better players and more of them, and I would think you need scholarship money to do that. This is all good for the A-10 and UD.

I know a little about Bucknells program. Another no-scholarship program. I expect LaSalle to beat Bucknell and most of their OOC matches, which should help them get better scheduling again next year. Their sophomore class is good and they have solid recruits coming the next two years. I expect a mid-conference finish for them this year and they could pull a couple upsets. I expect them to make the A10 tourney.

SLUs schedule looks good again this year, so let's hope others in the conference are putting together tough schedules too. The two weekend we know about for UD look to be huge upgrades from last year.