Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
I liked the Hartsock interview, it had an intellectual element to it. It probably is hard to keep your emotions, feelings, and opinions, out of the process in a job like his. However, I do recall that after Miller left for Indiana, the Hartsock said on the air, that some of you think it's not a better program at Indiana, and then followed up with a little Jab tord UD fans by saying "here's a clue it is." Which is fine for his opinion, but I always felt he not jab at the fans who hold a different perspective. Especially when over the past 15 years, it really isn't that obvious or night day with the IU/UD comparison.

As for the early portion of the show, Justin Kinner was getting pretty beat down; and, typically folks who are only throwing half the deck at him. I wish I would have been on the program I would have battered him around the park.

since this Hartsock thing is come up, I want to ask either Hartsock or Keith w. this question: just a moment before the tip of of what I believe is the first game in charleston last november, heart suck came over to the media table, and said something to KW, and they both Smurcked, and laughed, as Hartsock walked by on his way to the end of the Court to resume his position with his camera? I sure would love to know what could be that funny just seconds prior to tipoff? Hummm? Are we fans big idiots because we follow the Dayton Flyers? Or is because we don't carry our camera to sporting events? Or, maybe it's because we post thoughts on silly insider message boards like this one?

I tell ya what would be really great, is if they would bring a panel of UD fans on the show, each with some different perspective about the program. Yes, I would hope that it be folks who actually knew something about college basketball, the historical aspects of the sport, and of UD program.

did you really need Mike Hartsock to inform you that Dayton was never getting into the Big East?

truth of the matter is, that college basketball is still a localized and Regional sport. Although some games are on National Television, the vast majority of your media coverage and Outlets our local news local newspapers local radio shows and talk shows, and your own school or conference websites. essentially you are competing against universities within your conference your state or your Regional or semi national localities. there is never going to be a constant exception to these realities. and if it were me, and I was the UD Administration, I would not forget this reality when plotting and thinking about how to manage things. the great vast majority of your dollars and your support or coming from people within a couple hours over University. It's just that simple. So I hope to goodness, and pray to the basketball gods and the good managerial sense of the UD administrators, and and now that Hartsock has acknowledged it in front of the Free World, we can all move past this fake Big East talk forever. Wipe it from your systems; because it has not been nor will it ever be, healthy for the fan base to continue suffering from the I can't stand the Atlantic 10 I long for the Big E syndrome. let's just move forward being the most dominant program ever in the history of Atlantic and basketball and that will solve all the Bates about any of this garbage about UD being a stepping stone or a so-called mid-major, which doesn't even exist is technical concept, or any other kind of negative dress-down derogatory descriptions of the program.

Loved the interview Mr. Hartsock, thank you.

Go Flyers; GO A10...forever!!!!!!