Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 09:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I think you nail on the head about Banks and having the 1 & dones and him getting pushed out.

If you're going to play in the Big 12 or P5 there are no projects. Kids going there especially top 100 want minutes early. No one is going to Texas to sit on the bench.

It's tough to keep guys happy at that level or get everyone the minutes/playing time they think they deserve. I think that's why you see so many transfers year in and out with those leagues.
You’re probably right. I’m guessing Oklahoma’s other guards were not all that excited to see Trae Young basically take any shot ever from anywhere while they watched (or waited on the bench for their “chance” to give him a breather). He dominated the ball, dominated the media coverage, started out great but then was pretty bad down the stretch and they flamed out in the NCAA first round, losing to some mid major school whose coach had 1 1/2 feet out the door for the last month or so. So he goes pro, but they think “the heck with this, I’m not doing this again next year sitting behind some other freshman hotshot.”

The “concern” with taking a guy like that is that he may not be happy with playing time at your school, either. Gotta be up front with a guy and lay things out honestly.

It depends on the fit of course, but I’d expect us to maybe only take one transfer this year. Possibly two if it is a guy like Banks (he had a Georgetown offer out of high school so coach Solomon probably knows him a bit from then). We need guys who can play next year, but if a guy is talented enough, we can probably justify taking two sit-out guys and three guys who can play right away.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (03-28-2018)