Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 05:42 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Part of the problem with the A10 is the league doesn't Dayton,its membership or the league itself any favors with these mirror games (teams we play H/H) .

15-16, Scooch, etc junior year instead of playing VCU twice we played Fordham H/H. That denies us a high quality game and it's one less attractive match up for TV. We played La Salle H/H that season as well. We're permanently tethered from what I can tell to one of the consistently worst programs in the conference Duquesne for H/H.

I get "rivalries" or geography but there's no reason Dayton should ever play Fordham H/H. One in St. Louis is fine.

Our margin of error isn't great enough. That game with Fordham vs. beating VCU at their place could have been the difference between a 7th seed and 6th seed. In the future that could be the NCAA or the NIT
To some degree I think we get the better in conference H/Hs. This year we did have URI and VCU plus Duquesne and SLU. SLU would have been better but all the offcourt stuff hurt them. It was good we got out of the 2 games with Fordham and Lasalle. Unlike the P5 where if one team has a bad year another steps up, the A10 seems to have the perennial cellar dwellers and then a couple of teams like us and VCU that catch a bad year. Few surprises on the upside. Maybe Davidson this year.
Posted via Mobile Device