Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Tracking RPIs
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Duquesne would have to be a contender for 3rd place in the A-10 too, but they graduate even more than SLU and GW. DUQ graduates a good middle in Abbie Trzeciak and a great all around OH in Molly Davet.

I think DUQ returns some good players too. Camryn Vacera is a great Libero (she can make the case for best in A-10) and Maria Mosbocher was a strong OH as a freshman last year. Duquesne has coaching stability, a returning Junion setter, and a consistently good defense on their side. They should be able to make the A-10 tournament, but at the same time, it feels like this is the most questions they have had at the start of the year in a while.

If I had to guess, I see teams like SLU/DUQ/ and RI all sliding a little bit due to a loss of experience while I see the lower teams like GW/FOR/LAS/DAV and even GM growing due to key players gaining experience. I think DAY and VCU will be extremely competitive at the top while the bottom of the A-10 will be a free for all. Predicting the 5th and 6th slots of the A-10 tournament will be difficult. You can make a case for most teams (GM may need to get lucky to end in 6th place but I think they will improve too), but each team has a serious flaw. Part of me like the progress Fordham has made, but despite their great right side hitter Olivia Fairchild, Fordham has new leadership from a new head coach. Davidson has a great MH in Ellie Crosley, but they are not strong at the OH position. Serving is becoming a strength for La Salle, but they don't have anyone with more than 0.65 blocks per set.

The bottom of the A-10 will see a lot of competing styles, but it should be great competition. I think we would rather see a strong 3rd or 4th team, but I'm not sure we will see that this year. I hope I'm wrong, but we may have to wait one more year while the bottom of the A-10 rebuilds.