Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I just read through the entire WSU Selection Sunday thread. Their biggest beef seems to be the disrespect but I can see why the committee had a hard time with them. The teams are picked based upon resumes and a few of their posters are correct in that their resume is lacking in quality wins. They are like us in that they have a lot riding on the early season tourney. This year they did not perform well. Like many teams, they had a change over of personnel and it took some time to gel. We had an issue with injuries. The reality is that many teams change from bad to good and good to bad over the season. What should the committee do? I think they try to pick the teams with the best resumes over the whole season. However, is this the best approach for seeding? Should the predictive models be used for this purpose? The thing is even the predictive models are not accurate for teams that have had injuries during the season. I think it would take a lot better minds to seed they teams correctly. Maybe they should consult Las Vegas.
I really think the "how'd you play in the last 10 games" should be back as an indicator. This gives teams who have had injuries early/mid year a chance to prove themselves and it certainly shows the momentum gained during crunch time late in the year...