User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 10:23 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Football drives the bus in all the big- time conferences, including the AAC. Currently the conferences has 13 members....12 playing big-time BB and 12 FBS FB. I haven't heard any talk about a desire to add schools.

There is plenty of talk (and action) of elevating the AAC level of play to that of the Power 5 conferences. The AAC is pretty close in FB and added WSU to beef up BB. Continued strengthening is the primary focus...not expansion, as I understand it.

Also, with nine of the AAC 13 members being large public universities UD is not a good institutional fit.

I don't understand why UD and the other A10 schools that are demonstrating that excellence in men's BB is school priority do not organize a "mini-revolt" so to speak, i.e., band together to force change. A conference doesn't need 14 members. Schools that are content to play in antiquated, poorly maintained Div III-level facilities are sending the message loud-and-clear that top-tier BB is not a priority for them.....not as regards recruiting, coaching, post-season play, etc.

Excellence requires investment. If I see that a school refuses to invest at a level required for success the message is clear. Perhaps I just don't understand the politics, dynamics, etc., of conference operation. Perhaps the weak sisters in the A10 do not hurt Dayton is any significant way. I would love to hear Neil's view re this issue. If there are changes in A10 operation or composition that would benefit Dayton why aren't we aggressively pursuing them? Are we simply trapped in the conference with no viable alternative and little ability to effect change and improvement?
Other than VCU, SLU, and UD...who would you consider they also get to revolt? SBU? RI? maybe 5 schools total.