Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Member?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
If you aren't concerned for this team after 5 games then we haven't been watching the same team. I want some of whatever you're drinking.

To be clear: I'm not giving up, nor am I 'all-in'. I'm simply somewhere inbetween. But to cite the 14&15 seasons success while ignoring the current landscape is ignorant. The A10 has far fewer OOC wins this season than in years past, and we are included in that. As we look forward, we don't have a 'bad loss', but we don't have a good win either. Bama will be a quality win, but not a great win; and that's it. Last year we had wins over Iowa, Vandy, Bama and Arkansas (and Monmouth). Year before wins against A&M, GaTech, BC and Ole Miss. In 14 we had wins against Cal, Gonzaga, Ole Miss and GaTech.

So to say You're not worried because we lost first 5/6 conference games and made E8...maybe you should be. Bc had we not had a strong OOC schedule, we wouldn't have made it. We barely made it in, as an 11 seed. And to cite success after dumb and dumber left, this is a new year, new team and we don't have big OOC wins to back us up. And even then we barely made it, getting into the play in game.

Point being, it is too early to jump ship, but we don't have as big of a cushion as years past. This makes NW and Vandy must win games, and to have a strong resume come March, we can't have any bad losses. We need to avoid the land mines--that is key.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-26-2016), UDTradition (11-26-2016)