Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
If I had to guess, I'll go with starting lineup: Crosby, DDavis, Kostas, Williams, Cunningham. And first four off the bench: Miller, RM, Wright (need another PG), Pierce (need size for defense)
My predictions:

Best lineup: McKinley Wright, Darrell Davis, Ryan Mikesell, Xeyrius Williams, Josh Cunningham.

Crosby may retain starting duties to open the year, but will quickly be supplanted by Wright.

Cunningham regains form and averages a double, double.

Dayton's leading scorer off the bench will be Jordan Davis, who is going to have a couple 20+ point games.

Kostas Antetokuompo will be a defensive stopper, logging good minutes. He'll play everywhere. But he won't consistently shine offensively until his soph year (like Xeyrious this past year).

Most improved: Trey Landers. I think he gets a lot of minutes off the bench and plays very well.

Role Players: Miller and Pierce. We'll need the size or Miller and Pierce obviously. They'll be important rotation players who will have to give big minutes.

Mop Up Duty: Svoboda and Carter will have the most difficulty earning their way on to the floor as freshman. Carter will show some flashes. Svoboda could earn a few minutes to stretch defenses, although Dayton will have no shortage of good shooters so may be difficult for him.

Biggest Worry: That Dayton becomes overly reliant on perimeter shooting. We will have a lot of good shooters and many with the size to shoot over guys, but that's not a recipe for winning games. Without Scoochie running the show, offense may be a little stagnant, resulting in a ton of threes hoisted.