Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Flyer website

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
6 pm on Monday and I was expecting to see IU announcement today if true. Nothing yet which seems somewhat odd if in fact Ostrom and Comar are leaving. You would think at a minimum UD would not want an assistant coach still in the office potentially interacting with recruits while just waiting for the announcement from his new job. And that doesn't represent any ill-will or lack of professionalism of the parties involved. It's just the nature of a turnover.

Then there is always the possibility that the reports are wrong and decisions have not been made. I think if either one of these men was not considering staying at UD, they would have been sent on their way by now,even if IU wasn't ready to announce. With the dead period ending, both sides of this coin should be working on future recruits, so why isn't Ostrom out recruiting for IU if in fact he is headed there?

Just a little odd to me. Of course I could just be a day or two off an official announcement. Still hoping Ostrom stays.
Also, the moment it was announced that Miller-Grant transition had occurred the UD website was updated. As of today all the assistants names remain. If it was certain that one or more was not on Grant's staff wouldn't that person's name be removed immediately?

Further, with Ostrom's rep as a recruiter....would it help if he was promoted to Assoc Head Coach with a nice raise? I hope somehow we can keep him. If he and Grant are so close...seems as if Grant could make this happen.

Last edited by UACFlyer; 04-10-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-10-2017)