Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
This is what is wrong with the A10, too many schools that accept mediocrity/don't care about winning.
There is a difference between accepting mediocrity and letting a loss by kids playing a game ruin your day/week.

There are certain things you can control in basketball. You can defend well, you can be in position for rebounds, you can take good shots.

There are certain things you can not control. The opponent making shots no matter how well you defend. The ball not bouncing your way no matter how well your in position. The ball not going in no matter how good of shots you take.

Any time Dayton does the things they can control, win or lose, I'm happy. That's a good game. I'm frustrated with a loss, sure, but still happy with the play.

I remember the Rock and Roll Shootout against UC years ago. While I know some Dayton fans left with their heads hung low, I loved that game! Dayton played AWESOME, but just came up short. No shame in that. And that is not accepting mediocrity.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BOF02 (03-20-2018), Flyer 86 (03-20-2018), JimBo (03-20-2018), T-Bone 84 (03-20-2018), UD62 (03-20-2018)