Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 10:12 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding a potential injury in the 19/20 season...if he is playing on a G League team or overseas, do they have to keep him under contract after the one year is up? I’m not sure but I think it’s a no. If he got hurt at UD he would have two years left to rehab...and would get his degree in the mix. And if not career-ending, another two shots at the draft. Career-ending would also be better if he stayed at a UD...he gets his degree paid for. I believe he is left out in the world on his own on his own dime if he goes G-League or overseas and gets hurt. Please correct me if you know these one-year contracts have an injury clause and the athlete receives pay or injury care after the contract expires if it’s an injury incurred while playing. Thanks.