Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
This should be a forfeit. According to reports a forfeit was never considered under the "must provide safe environment" clause...
The 'safe environment' clause you quote has more to do with security than anything else. If fans are chucking trash on the court, or fights are occurring in the stands and/or on the court, the officials have the authority to send everyone to the locker rooms and forfeit the game. I deal with slippery courts every year, especially when the weather flips temps like last week...30F one day, 75 the next...schools don't adjust their boilers and the next thing you know, the floors are a mess. I did a varsity game last week where the custodian had to dry mop the corners at every dead ball...and we gave him all the time needed to make it safe. No talk of forfeits...just mop, mop, mop...
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-22-2018), Radar (02-22-2018)