User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
With some players it is not about playing in the NBA. It is not wanting to go to school and wanting to make some money. I'm not saying this is at all the case with Obi but even if you are not playing in the NBA, someone with his talent can make money playing basketball. I think CT Flyer said it - the window of opportunity is limited.
One thing that could be a draw to Obi though is that he'll be 2 full years through UD at the end of this school year. He stays at least 2 more years (through his redshirt Junior season) and he has a college degree completed and gets 2 more years of development where he'll be "The Man" as opposed to the 12th player on an NBA roster or just another guy on a G-League team, or playing overseas. I don't know how important that degree is to him or what his major is, but it could be a factor. Basketball isn't forever, and there will be a lot of years to live once basketball is done.