Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 01:12 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hobopotamus1 View Post
I have a question about JUCOs. I noticed that there are a lot of guys in the top 20 on that list going to mid-major colleges. It makes me wonder what quality of player is in this top 30. When I was following basketball and recruiting more closely 20 years ago the top jucos were always going to the high major schools, at least the top 30 or 40. Is that still the case or did something happen that made jucos generally not quite as good as they used to be?
JUCO talent isn't what was in the 90s. More kids do a 5th year of prep school. I think with the rise of basketball factory schools like Huntington Prep, Findlay, etc some of these academic risk kids can get their hands held and more attention

The school Jevon Thomas went to into North Carolina I think had an expose run on it that basically portrayed it as a diploma mill for basketball players
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-18-2018)