Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Multiple media outlets reported this (timeline error)...ESPN to my knowledge has yet to own the error (shocker).

What they have reported, however, is that while rushing to clear Miles Bridges to play this weekend in light of this news, MSU claims he never took money from Andy Miller. But they did find that his family was treated to a meal from a different agent and Bridges "resolved" that matter by paying $40 to a charity. Huh? Regardless of ESPN's sloppy reporting...where there's smoke there's usually fire.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ncaa-violation
I believe I did see, perhaps it was on Twitter, where ESPN "owned" the mistake and released the correction that the alleged convo was in the Spring of 2016, not 2017.

Conversely, I am not a fan of journalism that takes the approach of just because there's smoke, there has to be fire in here somewhere so let's throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. It's only people's reputations and livelihoods. The latter is tough to rebuild if the former is destroyed. Now imagine that destruction came unjustly, undeservedly or falsely.

The late, great Skip Prosser said "Don't ever get a stain on your reputation. Once you do, it's tough to get off." I'd sure like to see how the classiest coach I have ever known would have navigated what the shark infested waters have become.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-27-2018), Gazoo (02-27-2018)