Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I'd prefer they play less than 16 schools with RPI's above 200. I don't think they should play a Davidson like schedule, but playing more 50-150 RPI schools isn't much to ask. I understand that some of those were A10 schools, but they often play very weak OOC.
They should only schedule tougher if they think they have legit chance at NCAA. If they upgrade their schedule and lose those games all it does is hurt the conference. Bonaventure is actually following the model that should be used for any team in the A10 that isn't competing for post-season (which is at least half in any given year). Schedule 8-10 non-conference wins by any means necessary.

Davidson scheduled like they had a chance at NCAA this year, the only problem is the lost every one of their legit non-conf games. They played 4 top100 pom teams and lost them all (Clemson, Charleston, NC and Kansas). If they punch 2 out of those 4 they're probably in at-large conversation in Feb. I'm fine with that. Take your shots if you think your team merits the opportunity.

The issue is programs like Fordham and Duquesne aren't good enough to win that many non-conf games no matter what they schedule.

Bonaventure also traditionally plays Niagra, Canisius, Buffalo and Siena home and home as regional rivalry games. This year, their schedule was particularly poor due to the Lone Star Showcase they entered that had them playing Little Rock, C Mich and Pepperdine.