Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I wrote this way earlier in the thread and it still applies for me.

While some people have been more critical than I have I don't think they truly want him to fail as some people have said. I actually think the most critical posters just want to be "right" on a message board so they can tell everybody how smart they are.

Do I think Crosby will be become a great point guard? No. I would be happy if he could be simply be Khari Price. Don't try to do too much. Just get the ball up the court, get the ball to the offensive weapons, and play good defense. I will continue to be critical when he plays poorly, but I will also give him credit when he does things well. I don't need to be "right" about everything(except the uniforms), but there are some people who do.
Honestly, I believe he can be much more dynamic than Khari Price. Khari was basically just a ball handler. He could shoot 3s and was great from the FT line but he didn't do either often. What he didn't do was turn the ball over. He wasn't great at finding the open man either.

Just by the things Crosby tries to do tells me that he's got the ability to be a playmaker. I personally think his issues are in his head, not in his skills. He's impatient and hasn't learned the tricks to using his speed. Basically I think he gets too pumped up when he gets into a game because he didn't have much time on the court to prove himself. I'm guessing we've all been in that situation at some time in our lives. Where we maybe sat on the bench and then when our number was called we were maybe a little nervous but also had the adrenaline kick in that we were going too fast. He just seems to have that more than normal.

I'm guessing that when/if his minutes rise to a significant amount, he'll settle down and play to the best of his abilities. What most concerns me is that he was able to sit and watch Scoochie Smith for 2 seasons and it seems he never learned or tried to emulate those things that made Scoochie such a great point guard. That makes it seem like he lives in his own world and is oblivious to learning from others.

Last edited by Smitty10; 05-10-2017 at 08:42 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (05-10-2017), m21eagle45 (05-10-2017)